Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Is one of these irrational beliefs a part of what is happening for you?

Is one of these irrational beliefs
a part of what is happening for you?
 

1.       I must be loved, or at least liked, and approved by every significant person I meet.

2.       I must be completely competent, make no mistakes, and achieve in every possible way, if I am to be worthwhile.

3.       Some people are bad, wicked, or evil, and they should be blamed and punished for this.

4.       It is dreadful, nearly the end of the world, when things aren’t how I would like them to be.

5.       Human unhappiness, including mine, is caused by factors outside of my control, so little can be done about it.

6.       It’s easier to put off something difficult or unpleasant than it is to face up to it.

7.       I need someone stronger than myself to depend on.

8.       My problem(s) were caused by event(s) in my past, and that’s why I have my problem(s) now.
 
 
This website lists the 12 Irrational Beliefs of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) along with rational replacements: http://www.stressgroup.com/12IrrationalBeliefs.html

 
What beliefs would better serve you now?


Here's a great website with loads of resources:
http://www.therapistaid.com/therapy-worksheets/cbt/none

No comments:

Post a Comment