Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dance!

Dance!
Shake it Up, Baby!
(See Osho for dynamic meditations or put on your favorite tune)
Try an active and dynamic meditation
or just play your favorite dance music.
Shift your energy and point of power by moving your body.
Take a few minutes to dance!
Notice what happens to your energy and your perspective
as you return to your dilemma or concern.



Today I imagine the Whirling Dervish dance/meditation (here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Cf-ZxDfZA). I didn't know the information below before I started writing this entry, so I'm intrigued by it...

According to the Urban Dictionary, "whirling dervish" means, "(n.) A person whose behavior resembles a rapid, spinning object. These actions are often spastic fidgeting and incessant babbling. The actions of the whirling dervish are irritating and annoying, often exhausting other people in the immediate vicinity."

The ACTUAL Order of the Whirling Dervishes -- where it all began -- is a Sufi-oriented, meditative dance ritual. Those who participate whirl in circles for minute after minute -- in some cases hours. It's a spiritual practice for this group of people that has stages and only this Order can perform the dance. 

Fortunately for me, I don't have a desire to become a Whirling Dervish -- I just wanna dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment