Friday, November 16, 2012

Toolkit Background

A Little Background…
By Suzan K. Thompson, Ph.D.

Early in 2009, I was feeling distraught and stuck – until I read Joe Vitale’s book, Attractor Factor, and was inspired to begin jotting notes about the various tools and techniques I’ve used in my counseling sessions with clients. Only this time, I was the one needing some help! In the middle of feeling distressed, the ideas flowed. And in a matter of a few days, these cards were born. They made me feel better – and the tools in this TOOLKIT have helped many other people feel better, too.

About the original cards and deck:    
The original deck of 52 different tools and strategies were cards. This “Toolkit for Transformation” blog will come from a variety of psychological, spiritual, energy-based, complementary, and integrative approaches. They could help you change your negative energy into positive or shift your self-defeating thoughts into ones that support you better. The strategies have been tested by many people -- clients, students, friends and colleagues,  as well as by me – helping us all to manage and transform difficult the feelings, concerns, and situations that you may also be facing. 

This Toolkit for Transformation blog is designed to provide handy assistance in troubled times.  It is not intended to deliver counseling or psychological services by itself. Please be sure to consult a professional counselor for information and advice on the suitability of the use of the information in this blog.

I hope you will let me know about your experiences using the Toolkit For Transformation. You’re welcome to respond to this blog or email me with your stories of personal growth and transformation. And if you have another idea for a tool that could be added to the Toolkit, let me know that, too!

Supporting your courage on life’s journey,

Dr. Suzan K. Thompson, Ph.D.
Licensed Professional Counselor, Virginia Beach, Virginia




No comments:

Post a Comment